Traveling with Special Items on PAL Airlines
When traveling with non-traditional or special items there are things you need to know. The following will provide some direction for passengers to make the experience easier.
Most sporting equipment is included in your free baggage allotment unless the equipment exceeds the 50 lb maximum. Where equipment exceeds the 50lb maximum it can still fly, but will be boarded as excess baggage (see Excess Baggage section for details). A Limited Release Tag is required for all sporting equipment flying with us.
|Hockey Bag||No Charge||
|Ski Equipment||No Charge||
|Golf Bag||No Charge||
|Fishing Equipment||No Charge||
|Bicycles||$100.00 plus tax||
For safety reasons PAL Airlines does not allow the purchasing of seats in the aircraft cabin to accommodate instruments. Passenger travelling with large musical instruments should make arrangements through the PAL Airlines Cargo Department prior to your flight. In some cases passengers may be asked to complete a Limited Release Tag when shipping musical instruments.
As per Transport Canada Regulations, rifles and shotguns will be accepted on PAL Airlines as checked baggage only.
Firearms are acceptable as checked baggage, subject to the following guidelines:
- The firearm must be unloaded, and must have a secure locking device on the mechanism of the weapon (i.e. the safety lock must be engaged).
- All checked baggage containing firearms must be affixed with a “Firearm” tag and a “Priority” tag. This assures the passenger that the bag will ride.
- A maximum of 5 kgs or 10 lbs of ammunition per passenger will be accepted.
- Ammunition must be securely packaged in a strong outside container of wood, metal, or fiberboard OR in the original inner carton and securely packed inside checked baggage to prevent shifting or accidental functioning.
- The ammunition must be kept separately from the firearm case.
- A “Priority” tag and an Ammunition sticker must be applied to the container or suitcase carrying the ammunition.
- Both hard-sided and soft-sided firearm cases are accepted, providing the case concealing the firearm is locked and all the above policies are followed.
PAL Airlines passengers are required to complete a Firearms Declaration Form once these rules are complied with.